Monday, 20 May 2013

 Wow Reading…..

Week 2 - Home Reading Superheroes


Congratulations Leilani and Aaliyah


School Powhiri  this Thursday at 9.00 am. 

We will be welcoming Hatti, Carlos, Hadley, Leilani, Aaliyah, Mitchell and their Whanau. 

Haere mai - Welcome Everyone


Haere mai, haere mai   
E ngā iwi e haere mai
Ki runga o te marae
Hui mai tātou katoa
E hine mā, e tama mā
Hapainga to mana Māori e
Kia rewa runga rawa
I a ha hā
E ngā iwi e
Haere mai, haere mai.

Welcome, welcome 
all the tribes welcome
onto the courtyard
all of us gathered here.
Young women, young men
uplift your Maori prestige
to float on high
I a ha ha
All the tribes
Welcome welcome.









Tūtira mai ngā iwi
         
Tātou tātou e

Tūtira mai ngā iwi
         
Tātou tātou e

Whai-a te marama-tanga
       
me te aroha - e ngā iwi!

Ki-a k'tapa-tahi, 

Ki-a ko-tahi rā.  
         
Tātou tātou e.

Sing it all a second time.

Then finish with...
                
Tā  - tou, tā - tou E!!   

Hi aue hei !!!
Line up together, people

All of us, all of us. 

Stand in rows, people 

All of us, all of us.

Seek after knowledge

         and love of others - everybody!

Think as one, 

Act as one. 

All of us, all of us.



Sing it all a second time.

All of us, all of us!!

Hi aue hei !!!







2 comments:

  1. Welcome, welcome, welcome. Welcome to rata tahi all the new kids. My day came to my powhiri. We sung a waiata. I got to eat morning tea in the staff room. It was fun. I liked it all. I hope all the new children enjoy their powhiri! William

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaliyah and Leilani, good reading! You are the champion readers.
    Love Mahana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment to our blog. It will be visible shortly.